Cyclists who want to avoid the climbs and ridge riding and still enjoy the scenery of the Lebanon Valley can ride the 3/4 Century option. This is a “round the valley” in the Valley. Many of the miles are still on the 100 mile Perimeter Ride, but this route travels through more farmland and history including the Cornwall Furnace and the villages of Schaefferstown and Millbach. Cyclists ride through Fort Indiantown Gap and pass by displays of tanks and helicopters before reaching the last rest stop which serves both rides. From FIG, the return to Campbelltown is 13 miles.
RIDE INFORMATION FOR CENTURY AND 3/4 CENTURY
- Rides start at Campbelltown Fire Company, 2818 Horseshoe Pike, Palmyra,(Campbelltown) PA
- You must enter using the Lynmar Ave. entrance. Lynmar Ave. is the street going south at the traffic light at the Turkey Hill.
- Pre-registered bicyclists must check in at the registration table.
- Registration starts at 6:30 AM
- To facilitate your sign-in at the ride, bring a completed Waiver Release Form with you.
- Ride starts between 7 and 8 AM. Sag closes at 6 PM.
- RtV is a rain or shine event. No refunds.
- Helmets are required. Cyclists must obey all traffic laws. Red means Red
- This is a “cup free” event, so bring your own water bottles.
Flag Waving Family Friendly Bike Ride
Since June 14th is Flag Day there will also be a two hour flag waving family friendly bicycle ride. Pre-ride instructions will be at 9:45 AM and the ride begins at 10 AM. The ride is at a different start location, Memorial Lake State Park. Riders meet in the parking lot that is reached by taking the Lower Road Entrance. Rest rooms are available. The distance will be approximately 8 miles with interpretive stops at various sites at Fort Indiantown Gap.
Helmets are required. Riders will be bicycling on public roads with some short climbs. Bicyclists may not use training wheels. Bicycles must be in good working order. Children, including Scouts, must be accompanied by a responsible parent/adult. All participants must complete a waiver form. Pre registration is required by emailing Estelle Ruppert at firstname.lastname@example.org with name, mailing address, phone, email address, and numbers/ages of cyclists. There is no day-of registration. The cost is $5 per person.